Friday, August 13, 2010

Couple of days behind

I've had a couple of days of workouts that I haven't posted yet.  Work is getting stressfully busy.  We have one Physical Therapist that is leaving (his last day was today) and I am taking over his case load.  We have another PT leaving next week.  We also have 2 PT techs leaving and one coming off of shoulder surgery.  Luckily we have a new PT starting Monday and another new one starting in a couple of weeks.  We have a new part time PT tech starting next week.  The problem is we don't have enough assistants to help keep everything moving smoothly.  Having 3 PT's an ATC and 4-5 techs works really well with the volume of patients that we see.  Now we have 3 PT's, an ATC and 1 full time tech, 2 part time techs and a tech that is doing Lymphedema treatments for 3-4 hours at a time.  It's a big difference that I don't think my boss sees or really acknowledges that it will be a problem.  Especially since I typically see 45 patients a week and assisting the other PTs as needed, and now will be seeing seeing 70 some patients a week for a while and not being able to lend a hand except for my patients.  It is so busy that my boss is paying for me to fly back early after my Crossfit Certification and pay me a bonus to work on a Monday.  Oh well, I'll get some good overtime and we'll make it work. 

On Tuesday I did "Lynne"
5 rounds of max weight bench press and max rep pullups.  You get as much rest between sets as you need.  I used 115 pounds for my bench.  I did the following compared to 7/24/09:
                            Bench                   Pullups
                 2010            2009      2010          2009
1               11                   6           9                9
2                9                    5           9                9
3                7                   4             6               8
4               6                    3             6               7
5                5                   1             6               6

I rested Wednesday.

Thursday I did Hero Workout "Coe" in pack scaling:
7 rounds of
10 x 65# thrusters
20 pushups

in 15:31
It was way harder than I thought it'd be.  I also had Olive Garden lasagna and a breadstick for a lunch from work.  It was crazy that it immediately made my stomach gurgle and yell at me.  I just felt like I didn't have anything in the tank.  I'd like to try that again after fueling myself properly.  No wonder people that eat like that all the time feel like crap. 

No comments: