Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 3 - ITunes and RJ

Sunday was my birthday and one of the awesome presents I received was an ITunes gift card.  I was thinking about getting another cd by The Shins or Band of Horses but found I could borrow them from the library system for free!!  So I decided to get some workout music.  I tend to like fast rock/ metal (like Disturbed) or hip/hop (Ludacris) when I work out.  I hopped on ITunes and got a Flo Rida cd, Kanye West and some random rock songs.  Andrew WK really gets me going too.  I really like both full cds and the other songs too.  Man, I have good taste in music.

Today's workout was "RJ", here is his story:


Veteran LAPD officer and United States Marine Corps Reservist Sergeant Major Robert J Cottle, 45, was killed by an improvised explosive device while on patrol in Southern Afghanistan on Wednesday, March 24, 2010. RJ joined the Marines at age 18, and the LAPD in 1990. His various LAPD assignments included Hollywood Vice, Southeast Area, LAPD Dive Team and, most recently, SWAT. He is survived by his wife Emily and 9 month old daughter Kaila. The LAPD established a trust fund for them.

It was actually a lot harder than I thought it would be.  And the worst part was that the run was the worst part!  My pushups were also suffering from yesterdays burpees and over head lunges.  I'm sure my shoulders and chest will start talking to me tomorrow. 

Total Push-ups: 125

I also worked on some technique on my regular air squat and overhead squat, lowering down to a 45cm ball.  The goal was just to get in some quality reps.  I was surprised how easy it was to keep good form, especially after my ass kicking workout.  Now, I didn't have a mirror or anything in front of me, nor was Kelsa there to help coach, but it felt good to me. 
 
Cash In:

Dynamic warmup
Burgener Warm-up
Burgener barbbell complex warm-up
Quadriped spinal rotation
Single knee to chest bridges

Today's workout:

"RJ" pack scaling
5 rounds for tim:
600 meter run
30 jumping pullups with tricep rope
25 pushups

Cash Out:
10 air squats for form to 45 cm ball
10 overhead air squats for form to 45 cm ball

Energy: 9
Stress: 1
Shoes: Racing flats
Location: Fitness Factory 7pm
Bad Boy: 3-4 lifesavers/ 1 laffy taffy @ work
Good Boy: All zone all day!

No comments: