Monday, August 16, 2010

Pullups, snatches and wall balls

Monday was a busy day at work.  I saw about 22 patients since I took over our old PT's case load.  I was feeling pretty good, even for the larger amount of patients.  My goal for the next 2 weeks is to eat as clean/ Zone as I can before CrossFit certification on the 28th and 29th. 
My workout looked like this:
3 rounds for time:
30 squat snatches @ 45#
30 wall balls @ 16# (10.5 foot target)

Rx'd was 75# snatch and 20# medball.  I finished in 16:15 and looking at other peoples' times (19 - 21 minutes) I could have increased my snatch weight a little to add a couple minutes to my time.  Brand-X does a scaling system for CrossFit and I have traditionally been doing the "pack" scaling, but I think that I am ready to move up a level to "the porch".  This scale is sometimes available and sometimes not there.  If it's not there I'll just take some weight off the Rx'd weight and keep the Rx'd reps and sets.




Sunday I ran on the treadmill for 1 mile in 6:50, walked 1/4 mile, then got pumped up by some Rage Against the Machine and decided to run another 1/2 mile in around 3:20 or so.

I then did 7 sets of 1 rep, increasing to my 1 rep max on weight pullups. This is exactly what I looked like:


Well, I didn't look exactly like that, but the weights I did looked like this:
1.  5#
2.  10#
3.  15#
4.  20#
5.  25#
6.  30#
7.  37.5#

No comments: