Sunday, August 8, 2010

Squat, lunge, burpee, repeat!

Yesterday I was looking up a bunch of inspirational quotes.  I love a good quote to get me through a workout.  Sometimes you can find the perfect one that you can use as a mantra when you don't think you can go on.  I even found one that I think is tattoo worthy.  Get ready for it:

PAIN OF DISCIPLINE
OR
PAIN OF REGRET

How good is that?!

Today's workout was an AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) in 20 minutes of:
135# back squats x 7
35# dumbbell overhead lunges in right hand x 10 steps
7 burpees
35# dumbbell overhead lunges in left hand x 10 steps

I did 6 rounds and got all the way to 7 burpees in the 7th round!
The fittest woman in the world and woman champion of the 2010 Crossfit games, Kristin Clever did this exact workout and did 10 rounds + 7 squats! 

Here is a video of some other crossfitters doing the workout.

I cashed out with some press work:
10 shoulder press @ 65#
8 push press @ 85#
6 push jerk @ 95#
6 push press @ 85#

No comments: