Sunday, July 25, 2010

CrossFit Total and Angie

Day 3 and 4 of four days in a row! 

Yesterday I did the CrossFit Total.  It is a great test of overall strength.  You perform a max weight backsquat, then a max weight overhead press, then a max weight deadlift.  You add up all of your max weight and get a total score.  There are standards of ranking based on your body weight.

I lifted:
Backsquat: 225
Press: 110
Deadlift: 285
Total: 620

This puts me in between novice and intermediate based on my weight.  I think that is right.  I've never been strong being that I haven't really trained strength except for the past 2 years or so.  It was 10 pounds more than what I did last time in November of last year. 

I cashed out with a bench press to fatigue pyramid:
75 lbs x 21
95lbs x 10
115lbs x 4
95 lbs x 10
75 lbs x 10

Today I did "Angie" which is:
100 pullups
100 pushups
100 situps
100 squats
Time: 23:51

I am going to start to do as many WOD's as prescribed as long as I can do the weight.  The only thing I will scale is the weight, the reps and distance will stay the same. 

No comments: