Thursday, July 1, 2010

Days 11 and 12

Day 11

Cash In:
Burgener warmup
Barbbell complex warmup
Dynamic stretching

Workout:
7 sets of 3 Cleans (max weight)
1.  85
2.  95
3.  105
4.  115
5.  125
6.  130
7.  135

After blowing up my hands a couple of days ago, my blisters were surprisingly healed.  My grandma gave me some silver sulfadiazine she got for some burns she got from a heating pad over the winter in Michigan.  It apparently works, because my blisters were healed in 2 days.  By the 6th and 7th sets, my right hand was pretty sore and I had to drop down the barbbel onto my thigh.  I have a HUGE bruise on my thigh.  I was really proud of myself with the weight, it was a PR for me.  My 1 rep max for a clean is 145.

Day 12

Cash in:
Barbbell complex warmup
dynamic stretching

Workout:
6 reps for time of:
10 pullups
10 dips (had to use a bench)
10 situps
10 squats
Time: 7:31

Cash out:
Drop set dumbbell shoulder press
Weight           Reps
35                    4
30                    5
25                    6
20                    8
15                    14

I was very unmotivated today, being my second 12 hour day in a row.  After my warm up I was feeling much better and did much better on the workout than I thought I would considering my mental state at the beginning of the workout.  I was also pretty happy with my shoulder press drop set.  There has been this pair of dudes that I only see doing curls at the gym.  Every kind of curl you can think of they do.  Sometimes I wish they would ask to try my workout and then I kick their ass. 

No comments: