Friday, July 23, 2010

I just nailed Fran and some Nasty Girls

This week my energy was hit or miss after my second week of running my butt off at work.  Monday another coworker was gone, so I covered for her and Wednesday and Thursday another coworker was sick so I had to cover for him.  All this after last week covering for my boss and seeing 81 patients.

Anyways, I went to the gym on wednesday will all intentions of doing Fran but I got there and every piece of equipment I wanted to use was being taken.  I did some warm up stuff and got out of there.  I did try to do some strict handstand pushups for the first time, but I couldn't get up.  My upper body is very weak compared to my lower body.  I wish I would have been more athletic as a kid and actually exercised or strength trained, that would have given me a base to work up from.

Yesterday, Kelsa and I did go do Fran.  It looked like this:
21-15-9
65 lb thrusters
pullups
Time: 5:45

Previously I did that workout in 6:04 on 11/27/09 and 6:24 on 10/19/09. 
Going into the workout I thought my previous time was 5:05 or something like that.  When I got home and checked my time, I was pretty pumped!  In comparison, some of the best CrossFitters can do Fran wih 95 lb thrusters in just over 2 minutes!  

Today, the Prescribed WOD was the final events in the Crossfit games, which included things like wall climbs and burpees over walls, which we don't have.  So I decided to do "Nasty Girls".

It looked like this:
3 rounds for time:
50 squats
10 jumping muscleups
10 x 95lb hang power cleans
Time: 9:56

Last time I did this workout on 6/14/09 I did it in 12:29!!  What??!!  I just beat my old time from a year ago by 2 1/2 minutes!  That's crazy.  Maybe I have been doing something right the past month?  I have started to notice changes in the muscularity of my upperbody and a slimmer waist!

I'm super pumped for our CrossFit level 1 Trainer Certification in late August!  I would love to do some crossfit training on the weekends at one of the local CF gyms.  Hopefully someone is looking to add some sessions on the weekend. 

No comments: