Tuesday, July 20, 2010

With a vengence

I took the last two days off.  Sunday was a planned rest day and yesterday was just a crappy day at work and I was beat.  We have been very short staffed all summer and after last weeks record number of patients for me, I wanted to veg...

I actually did yesterdays workout today because today called for mulitiple exercises in a circuit that would not work at our gym.  They have been posting workouts from the CrossFit games this weekend and they are killer! 
Helen is a normal CF workout that looks like this:
3 rounds for time:
400 meter run
21 kettlebell swings
12 pullups

For the CrossFit games they upped the ante and made in "Helen in steroids", or "Hell-In":
1200 meter run
63 kettlebell swings (Rx'd = 55#, I did 35# dumbbell)
42 pullups
800 meter run
42 swings
36 pullups
400 meter run
21 swings
12 pullups
Time: 24:59

The male winner of that contest did it in 16:59!!

It was a great workout and it felt awesome!  Totally kicked my buttocks. 

No comments: