Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Rest cycle/ back at it

Over the fourth of July weekend we went to Irvine to visit my sister Jill.  We didn't workout at all.  We were hoping to stop by a Crossfit gym and drop in for a workout, but it didn't happen.  Some don't allow drop ins.  Plus we were busy with going to the beach, whale watching minus the whales and relaxing. 
The weather was great; low 70's and sunny skies in the afternoon.  We both got a little sunburnt.

Crossfit workout of the days (WODs) are prescribed in cycles of 3 days on/ 1 day off for rest.  What I plan to do is do 3 cycles then rest a cycle.  It worked out perfectly over the holiday weekend.  I will try to do more and more cycles on, moving from 3:1, then 4:1 as I get more fit.  Now I think the rest cycle will keep me fresh.

Here was my workout today:

Cash In:
Bergener warmup
Barbbell Complex warmup
Dynamic warmup
Quad spine rotations

Workout:
Backsquat @ 155# x 20
Knees to elbows x 40
55# (1.5 pood) dumbbell swings x 60
Time: 10:07

Cash out:
Dumbbell Bench press dropset
Weight           Reps
45                   11
40                   10
35                    9
30                    9
25                    9

No comments: